- Southport Cienna development – $1 billion plus?
- Cevron Island 19 level tower – $350m Evandale cultural precinct
- Vista Street 31 storey at Surfers – $300 million plus?
- 45 Level tower for Budds Beach – estimated $1 billion
- Broadbeach Philip Avenue, “The Matrix’ – $1.1 billion
- Jupiters Hotel and Casino upgrade – $345 million
- The Marina, Runaway Bay – $300 plus?
- Three-tower luxury Wanda Ridong Jewel development – $1 billion
The above projects are either under construction or have been announced within the past 6 to 8 months and come to a rough total of nearly 8 billion dollars’ worth of planned tower construction in the next 3 years.
A huge number.
The flow on effects into the local Gold Coast economy will be huge: each tower requires the expertise of just about every type tradie, which in turn means the tradies need accommodation, either to buy or to rent.
The current rental market is very tight, and so new properties need to come on the market to satisfy this demand.
For a property investor, it’s a very interesting time to buy, since one thing is sure: it will get rented.