Choosing a Professional Residential Property Management company should be undertaken with as much care and consideration as you would put into choosing the property itself. The key factor for a trouble free investment property is low maintenance. When purchasing a property, consider the following:
Purchasing New and Off the Plan Properties
- Quality fixtures and fittings that carry the installers guarantee.
- Extended warranties on appliances, such as dishwashers and air conditioners.
- Minimal, darker coloured carpeting.
- Tiling in the main living and kitchen areas.
- Sturdy blinds with minimum cording.
- Uniform white or off-white wall paint throughout.
- LED roof lighting.
- Low maintenance gardens.
Purchasing Established Units and Houses
- Property is water compliant, in order to be able to re-bill water to tenants.
- With a swimming pool or Spa, there is a current and valid pool fence safety certificate.
- Smoke alarms are installed and compliant.
- Blind and curtain cording is compliant with current regulations.
- Factor in appliance extended warranties into your purchase price to avoid high maintenance costs.
- Robust fixtures and fittings to withstand wear and tear.
Where possible try to avoid:
1. Stand-alone properties with a swimming pool or Spa baths
2. ‘Fancy’ fixtures and fittings that are difficult to replace or repair.
3. Outside pergola’s and brushwood-type screen fencing.
4. High maintenance timber decks.